3.25.2008

My Consommé

The world of blogging is one I strongly resisted for several years, as it always seemed both odd and vain to me that someone would want to keep a public journal and publish thoughts without limitations that could be viewed by an almost unlimited audience of absolute strangers. To me, as I first started reading blogs, it was almost as if this group of so-called opinionists were finding a false sense of self-importance by simply thinking out loud, which I do far too often and am fairly self-conscious about. That is to say blogs and bloggers, in general, just weren't sources that I considered to produce worthwhile opinions or worthwhile writings, but rather entertainment and often times a display of one's inflated sense of significance.

However, as I continued to read different blogs over the years, and very briefly toyed with the entertainment quality of my own a sports satire blog, I have found more and more that the online writings that had been generalized and categorized and stereotyped were actually the very forms of writing and opinion that drew my interest; such as the opinions of someone who would certainly never be scholarly published but could rather easily become your best friend for a night after sharing several tall drafts at a loner's pub - blogging became just another form of communication that allows those who wish to write for an entire audience of online capability the opportunity to vent, critique, praise, mourn, and bitch out their daily feelings, frustrations, and interactions that take place in this peculiar world of connects and disconnects.

So, without further ado, I introduce to the world of blogging what should be expected as yet another site of unedited and typically under-considered thoughts displayed through text and compiled into sentences, sentence fragments, and hopefully an occasionally evocative paragraph of ideas, opinions, and banter that will certainly entertain the author moreso than even the most bored of readers who might stumble upon my consommé.